This article is provided as a courtesy to our customers to help you configure your Outlook software to work with Tramstech hosting solutions.
Before you start, be sure you have these handy:
- Your domain name: example.com
- Your email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please read this article: Creating a POP/IMAP email account.
- Your email password.
CONFIGURE OUTLOOK 2016
1. Open Outlook 2016, and click File.
2. Add Account. Click the “+Add Account” button to begin.
3. Next, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, then click Next. This will allow you to enter your account information.
4. In this screen, choose POP or IMAP, then click Next.
5. This window is where you enter your email information, enter your email account information in this window below.
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address email@example.com in the Email address: field.
- Select IMAP in the account type. Learn more about the differences here.
- Enter your full email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the User Name field.
- Enter your email password in the Password: field.
6. Perform the following steps as shown in the screenshots below:
7. Congratulations. You have finished the setup of your email account. Click Finish to close the setup wizard.